unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu>
To: help-guix@gnu.org, ryan <rysa88@posteo.net>
Subject: Re: Help installing on Cubox-i/Arm Boards
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 07:25:31 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Ryan!

Installing on armhf/aarch64 SBCs is not easy. I'm not sure the graphical installer is available for these platforms.

The tarball you found is for installing Guix, the package manager, on top of another distro. It's not the distro itself.

This blog post might help figuring out what you need for generating an installer image for your board: https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2019/guix-on-an-arm-board/

For generating the correct image from x86, you'll need to cross-compile the installer with --target=arm-linux-gnueabihf (for armhf).

Good luck!