Dnia środa, 24 stycznia 2024 02:42:57 CET Clément Lassieur pisze: > Hello Marek, > > On Tue, Jan 23 2024, Marek Paśnikowski wrote: > > Dear All > > > > This is my first attempt to connect to my personal Guix channel. After > > ironing out server-side inadequacies in my configuration code, I > > encountered a very resilient, cryptic error. > > > > After one day of experimentation, where nothing I did made the error > > change, I turn to your experience and knowledge. Could I ask to take a > > look at my repository ( hosted on > > https://git.marekpasnikowski.pl/channel.git , branch wip-channel - master > > has incorrect parens in authorization code ) and see if I missed anything > > in the file structure? > > > > Also, I would appreciate a confirmation whether the channel can be pulled > > on your system. I do keep in mind a possibility of a local impurity or > > cache poison. > > I cloned your "channel.git" and checked out branch "wip-channel" but I > found nothing there that looks like a channel. There are dotfiles, a > home and an os file, but that's not what a channel is. A channel is a > bunch of guix modules (usually packages) that are meant to be shared. > It typically looks like guix or nonguix. > > Dotfiles should not be in a channel because you don't want them to be in > your store. I think the last remark is the best hint here. Does this mean a Guix channel is NOT the git repository itself? That it MUST be a subfolder? The Guix manual describes a channel in no certain terms. Could you define for me what is the minimal requirement to turn a git repository into a proper channel?