On May 23, 2018 5:45:53 PM GMT+02:00, Pierre Neidhardt wrote: > >Ludovic Courtès writes: > >> If you’re using Emacs, the latest version of Emacs-Guix has this new >> ‘guix-default-services’ command that does exactly what you’re >> suggesting. > >It's great but it's not obvious enough for newcomers in my opinion. > >We need something in the manual that makes explicit which service is >run, among which which network manager is currently running. > >Asking newcomers to install Emacs + Emacs-Guix is too much a stretch in >my opinion (as much as I love it!). Agreed. Emacs-Guix is a frontend in my opinion. We should make sure that everything it provides is possible on the command line as well. I would like to try to prepare a patch but this might be a little too challenging for me atm. to implement. (without guidance). Maybe a general command to query the current running system configuration is what we want and this listing of running services (and default services) is a subset of what it provides. -- Cheers Swedebugia