On Wed, 16 Oct 2024 12:11:30 +0200 Christoph Buck wrote: > Hi! Hi, > Currently i am trying to create an guix image which will boot on > embedded imx6 arm32 board. Following the guix manual, i was able to > create such an image. This involved adding a custom uboot version and > a kernel with custom definition file. If flashed on an sdcard, the > uboot runs and the kernel boots. However, early on boot (presumably on > executing initrd.cpio.gz), an `record-abi-mismatch-error` is thrown > and a guix recovery repl is opened > > > Use 'gnu.repl' for an initrd REPL. > > > ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception: > > Throw to key `record-abi-mismatch-error' with args `(abi-check "~a: > > record ABI mismatch; recompilation needed" (# > >) ())'. There is also the option to try to bisect the issues (there might be more than one). We now have a u-boot-qemu-arm package so you could for instance start with arm64 (with u-boot-qemu-arm64 and a system definition that you create or reuse+modify) and manage to boot a system with qemu. Then once you managed to boot an arm64 system, you could try to reproduce it for 32bit arm with an older guix revision (and possibly a recent u-boot-qemu-arm that doesn't change) and then start bisecting. I tried to do that a long time ago but I don't have fast computers and so at some point I gave up and I never found the time to get back to it. Denis.