On Thu, 17 Oct 2024 21:18:16 +0200 (CEST) wearefromuniverse--- via wrote: > Hi, Hi, > For this we need to adapt Guix OS to replace fedora, the main > operating system of Qubes OS. To run Guix OS inside VM Qubes we need > a GNU Guix OS virtual machine. We need to ensure that this virtual > machine can interact and communicate with other virtual machines and > the host operating system through Xen technology, for which we need > technical and software support from you. [...] > We also need open source volunteer developers to work on the software > team. We are still a small community and we were founded 1 month ago. The best way to do that would probably be to send patches directly to Guix and to find people with commit access that are interested in reviewing these patches. As I understand Guix already has some Xen packages for instance, but I've no idea how to use them. For instance the Guix manual doesn't have anything at all on Xen. So finding out how to create a Guix VM compatible with Xen and/or adding the missing support/documentation for Xen and sending relevant patches to Guix (like to its cookbook or documentation) could be a good start. It is also possible to add definitions for VMs inside the Guix source code as well, and to reference that from the manual/cookbook. If you also need a fully free distribution that already supports running Xen VMs easily, Trisquel 11 can probably do that. I tried it personally on a ThinkPad X200 to understand if Xen worked with a boot software distribution I co-maintain: I installed the xen-system-amd64 and libvirt-daemon-driver-xen Trisquel packages and rebooted and after that virt-manager could find the local Xen hypervisor. I don't remember if I needed to add my user in some group or not and I already had virt-manager and libvirt installed. However I didn't go further as I lacked a Xen compatible VM to completely validate that Xen worked for real. Also note that I'm not a Guix maintainer. I'm just a user who also contribute from time to time, and I also reuse Guix in other projects I co-maintain / contribute to. Denis.