unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: William <willbilly@fedora.email>
To: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Segmentation fault with file managers
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:59:35 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello.

I've recently been experimenting and testing the Guix package manager
on Debian Unstable, after setting up the environment variables and
installing a few packages I've noticed that all file managers installed
through Guix are crashing every time I try to browse a Firefox profile
directory (usually located on
"~/.mozilla/icecat/<randomcharactersstring>.default").

Here's all I get when I try to run any file manager and open said
directory:

** (pcmanfm:4634): WARNING **: 17:45:37.015: XDG_TEMPLATES_DIR is set
to invalid path, ignoring it Gtk-Message: 17:45:37.049: Failed to load
module "colorreload-gtk-module" Gtk-Message: 17:45:37.049: Failed to
load module "window-decorations-gtk-module"

(pcmanfm:4634): Gtk-WARNING **: 17:45:37.195: Theme parsing error:
<data>:2:27: The style property GtkWidget:focus-padding is deprecated
and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(pcmanfm:4634): Gtk-WARNING **: 17:45:37.195: Theme parsing error:
<data>:3:30: The style property GtkWidget:focus-line-width is
deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a
future version

(pcmanfm:4634): Gtk-WARNING **: 17:45:37.217: Could not load a pixbuf
from /org/gtk/libgtk/theme/Adwaita/assets/bullet-symbolic.svg. This may
indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.
Segmentation fault

I tried Thunar, PCManFM, Nemo and Nautilus, all behave the same. I'm
not sure if this is an issue with some unset variables that Guix
doesn't specify or if it may be some unmet dependency, I highly doubt
that it's an issue with the file managers as the ones installed
through apt behave as expected.