unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Abstractio  of Dovecot Users
@ 2023-11-20 22:40 Marek Paśnikowski
From: Marek Paśnikowski @ 2023-11-20 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Dear all.

I recently completed the monumental project of self-hosting my email on Guix, all by myself. I am now thoroughly exhausted, but need to complete one final task.

I am currently having the mail delivered to my user account directly, but this is not I want.  I need to abstract email accounts from system accounts to prepare for future transfer to a dedicated server microcomputer.

I would like to ask you, which dovecot service configuration parameters should I look at, for declaration of what I have seen on the net named “vmail”.

My immediate goal is to declare a dedicated inbox for DMARC reports and a bunch of aliases for 'marek' mail account, stored separately from the system's 'marek' account.