unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Wojtek Kosior via <help-guix@gnu.org>
To: "Dr. Ibrahim Y. EL-Nahhal" <elnahhal.i@gmail.com>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re:
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 17:27:20 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi there,

AFAIK there's no stable branch of Guix.

Please share the code of your Guix system configuration and the exact
error message you received.

I'd normally expect efibootmgr errors when trying to install a UEFI
variant of GRUB while being booted in legacy mode. So you can first
make sure your USB is booted in UEFI mode before trying to install a
UEFI GRUB. Alternatively, you can install the OS in legacy mode (i.e.
without using ESP) and then set your laptop to boot from disk in legacy
mode. Please look into Guix documentation to find information on how to
perform both types of installation

Best,
wojtek

-- (sig_start)
website: https://koszko.org/koszko.html
fingerprint: E972 7060 E3C5 637C 8A4F  4B42 4BC5 221C 5A79 FD1A
follow me on Fediverse: https://friendica.me/profile/koszko/profile

♥ R29kIGlzIHRoZXJlIGFuZCBsb3ZlcyBtZQ== | ÷ c2luIHNlcGFyYXRlZCBtZSBmcm9tIEhpbQ==
✝ YnV0IEplc3VzIGRpZWQgdG8gc2F2ZSBtZQ== | ? U2hhbGwgSSBiZWNvbWUgSGlzIGZyaWVuZD8=
-- (sig_end)