unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Timo Wilken <guix@twilken.net>
To: Peter Polidoro <peter@polidoro.io>, Giovanni Biscuolo <g@xelera.eu>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: mbsync with XOAUTH2 SASL mechanism
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 18:51:36 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Peter, hi Giovanni,

I had the same problem with having to register an "app" to access my
emails (but with neomutt, not Emacs).

Instead, I ended up "borrowing" Thunderbird's client key and secret,
which has worked fine so far.

Maybe I'm being a bit paranoid, but I don't want to post the literal
key here. You can copy it from mailnews/base/src/OAuth2Providers.jsm
in Thunderbird's source tree (look for "login.microsoftonline.com" in
the kIssuers variable near line 140). Send me an email privately if
you can't find it.

I hope that helps,
Timo