unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Wojtek Kosior via <help-guix@gnu.org>
To: Reza Housseini <reza.housseini@gmail.com>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Python "src" layout not working correctly with pyproject-build-system
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 15:40:32 +0100	[thread overview]

> > Is the second snippet the content of a `guix.scm` you are adding inside
> > a git checkout of the project? Is %source-dir defined to the
> > checked-out directory?
>
> Hi Wojtek
> Yes, sorry for not clarifying that. The second snippet is a guix.scm
> inside the source code of python-cfd-qsense with the python module
> inside src/cfd_qsense.
>
> Cheers,
> Reza

The most important thing that comes to mind is whether you're checked
out to the same commit that the original package definition used
(d02178fc02cfef00d7fa0584d552614e9bdf4c5e). If not, perhaps there's a
difference in e.g. setup.cfg between those commits?

I also know there are some build systems that behave differently when
run from git checkout and when run from a directory that does not
contain a `.git/` (which, I believe, is what `(method git-fetch)`
provides). I don't know if sole `setuptools.build_meta` (as used here)
is one of those, though.

Good luck :)

W.

-- (sig_start)
website: https://koszko.org/koszko.html
PGP: https://koszko.org/key.gpg
fingerprint: E972 7060 E3C5 637C 8A4F  4B42 4BC5 221C 5A79 FD1A

Meet Kraków saints!           #32: blessed Anastazy Pankiewicz
Poznaj świętych krakowskich!  #32: błogosławiony Anastazy Pankiewicz
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastazy_Pankiewicz
-- (sig_end)