unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Wojtek Kosior via <help-guix@gnu.org>
To: "Sébastien Rey-Coyrehourcq" <sebastien.rey-coyrehourcq@univ-rouen.fr>
Cc: zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com>, help-guix <help-guix@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Help packaging R Quarto Cli
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 11:54:45 +0200	[thread overview]

> Hi,
>
> I continue the packaging using guix import crate, this is a slow process, but everything goes well at this time.
>
> My file deno.scm contain 6000 line, with all packages imported, this is a problem because i need to remove duplicate.
> The best way was probably to export all `(define public method … )`  into a folder with corresponding library.scm.

Do you have wour work-in-progress in some public repo? This would make
us easier to understand your setup and would also allow more ppl to
cooperate (although unfortunately Idk if there's anyone else who's
particularly interested in deno at this particular moment).

> I need to create a module by package do you thing ? and after that import all the package using `use-modules` ?

From what I've seen, Guix package definitions are usually grouped into
modules thematically. Although until you actually try upstreaming your
work, you're not bound by any reqs and you can structure the
definitions in a way that's comfortable for you.

Also, are you adding your package by modifying the actual Guix sources?
Or by creating modules outsite of these? Perhaps this was already
metioned but I don't have previous emails on the top...

Good luck :)
Wojtek

-- (sig_start)
website: https://koszko.org/koszko.html
PGP: https://koszko.org/key.gpg
fingerprint: E972 7060 E3C5 637C 8A4F  4B42 4BC5 221C 5A79 FD1A

Meet Kraków saints!           #33: blessed Antonin Bajewski
Poznaj świętych krakowskich!  #33: błogosławiony Antonin Bajewski
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonin_Bajewski
-- (sig_end)