Hi Simon, thanks for your response > Is it related to the message [1] you are answering? > > 1: > > If no, please start a new thread when it is a new topic. :-) It took me a couple of minutes to understand what you're talking about. Indeed, instead of copy-pasting the address I clicked "Reply" on some random email from Guix mailing list and changed the subject. For years I've been certain that messages are categorized into threads by their subject. Now, as you wrote this, I assume there must be some thread meta-data that is invisibly sent by our user agents when we use "Reply" or "Reply all". Who would have thought? In the past, when I saw email software nicely present thread emails as a tree of responses, I was thinking "wow, this program must be using some really successful heuristic for determining what is the response to what". Lol Doing as you requested. Although this is suboptimal as well since now the topic is split between 2 threads :/ > Why do you pack ’hydrilla-dist-tarball’ instead of just ’hydrilla’. > > Guix should take care of everything; not necessary when packing a > Python bundle as you are doing. It's ok, `hydrilla-dist-tarball` refers to a package that is built in the package in the normal Guix way. The name just indicates that tarball generated under `./dist/` is used instead of the project file tree. If you're curious, I explain the crazy details in my previous email response to "(". It sometimes happens that to keep my message concise I write what seems to be the most important and attach links to other stuff that the reader can look at to understand everything. Here that "stuff" was the project repo which contains hydrilla.scm with both package definitions. And most of the time I learn that I failed to be clear enough and that people don't have time to read my links. Well, I'm sorry for the confusion. Although I'm starting to lose hope that I will learn to communicate with ppl online without so many misunderstandings :/ The hydrilla.scm that I was loading with `-L .` is now attached. Is there anything wrong in it? Best, Wojtek -- (sig_start) website: https://koszko.org/koszko.html PGP: https://koszko.org/key.gpg fingerprint: E972 7060 E3C5 637C 8A4F 4B42 4BC5 221C 5A79 FD1A Meet Kraków saints! #4: blessed Bronisław Markiewicz Poznaj świętych krakowskich! #4: błogosławiony Bronisław Markiewicz https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronisław_Markiewicz -- (sig_end)