unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Web Browsers Report being "Unable to Connect" after Wi-Fi Connection Drop Period
@ 2022-05-23 19:34 Wamm K. D.
From: Wamm K. D. @ 2022-05-23 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I think it's happened most often with IceCat but pretty much every
browser I've tried has done this.

I'm not sure the cause but my Wi-Fi card drops the connection, /really/
often; it sucks but it's what I've got.

The consequence is that I've noticed a particular behavior relatively
frequently: when the connection drops, the browser I'm using will get
stuck thinking that it cannot connect to the internet once the internet
connection comes back, sometimes (especially if I tried to load a page
while the internet connection was down). Trying to load any other page
results in the "Unable to Connect" (or equivalent) page.

I've tried IceCat, Ungoogled Chromium, Qutebrowser, Luakit, and Nyxt and
had the same experience, in some capacity, with all of them.

have to wait a variable length of time before the spell passes or
restart the browser.

It doesn't seem to be something which impacts all browsers, at the same
time: opening a new browser after one gets affected works fine or trying
to use one of the other browsers I had open (especially if I hadn't been
using this other browser while the internet connection had dropped).