On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 23:36:42 -0500 Maxim Cournoyer wrote: > gdm depends on gjs IIRC, which is bound to mozjs, which requires rust. > So you should use another login manager such as lightdm or slim. I'm running Guix system i686 and I use GDM, including the service to have it started at boot, and it works, but I didn't manage to run guix system reconfigure recently yet because of the issue mentioned in this thread. With my patches, I can install gdm without GJS, it's only the gdm service that brings rust as dependency, not the gdm package. To be able to install gdm without rust, I had to use the right librsvg in gnome-settings-daemon. Denis.