unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Install Guix System in a logical volume
@ 2021-11-24 21:15 David Lecompte
From: David Lecompte @ 2021-11-24 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi,

I currently have a disk with a DOS partition table, completely filled
by a first partition for /boot for Trisquel and an extended partition
that contains a logical volume group (single physical volume taking all
space in the extended partition) that includes 3 logical volumes, one
for swap, one for the root file system for Trisquel, one for the root
file system for Debian and a lot of free space.

Can I install Guix System with the whole root file system (including
/boot) in a new logical volume that I create in the same volume group?

Also, I installed Grub on the MBR via Debian. Can I expect Grub
installed by Debian to see Guix and add an entry in the boot menu for
it?

David.