On Sun, 9 May 2021 15:00:32 -0400 Raghav Gururajan wrote: > Hello Guix, > > I am trying to package IDEA, which is an IDE for JVM. > > This is the first time I am dealing with java and ant-build-system. > > I was able to do some tinkering to get the build phase started, but > it fails at the beginning with the following error: > "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not > create parent directory for lock file > /.gradle/wrapper/dists/gradle-5.5-all/66q2j3qadt42ygj9lkubqor18/gradle-5.5-all.zip.lck". > > I have attached the diff file with this email. > > Thoughts? Not sure exactly what's the problem here. If you like to get more infos, you can also try to build it with ant options -verbose or -debug. Either in the Guix build or from the command line in a Guix Container. In any ways, IntelliJ will be hard to impossible to get it into Guix proper, because it will download many dependencies as binaries. You will first need to find out how to build them from source. It will use Kotlin, and Kotlin at some point will use Scala. Scala needs a Scala-compiler... Björn