On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 03:44:41PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote: > You might spend a loooooong time building things but it depends on the > specific package(s). I would argue that while using time-machine one does not expect substitutes to be available, any way, since the old binaries are removed by the substitute provider as the time goes by. It that’s not true, a possibility to avoid the long build time problem, I think, is to perform `guix time-machine --commit --channels -- build --no-substitutes` for the offending package, only, before `environment`, the latter with the substitutes permitted. I will retry now my attempts to fix the r-foreign problem with --no-substitutes added. WŻ