unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Problem on packaging qt-light extension for Chicken
@ 2021-01-05 10:36 Reza Alizadeh Majd
From: Reza Alizadeh Majd @ 2021-01-05 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Guix,

trying to prepare package for qt-light[1] extension for chicken-scheme,
I faced an issue about finding the extension in cache.

my package definition:

(use-modules (gnu)
             (guix build-system chicken)
             (guix svn-download)
             (guix packages)
             (gnu packages chicken)
             (gnu packages qt)
             ((guix licenses) #:prefix license:))
(package
  (name "chicken-qt-light")
  (version "1.0")
  (source
   (origin
     (method svn-fetch)
     (uri (svn-reference
           (url (string-append
                 "https://code.call-cc.org/svn/chicken-eggs/"
                 "release/5/qt-light/tags/" version))
           (revision 39484)
           (user-name "anonymous")
           (password "")))
     (file-name (string-append "chicken-qt-light-" version "-checkout"))
     (sha256
      (base32
       "09mhv6d4zfc0n2vxaw1d8s3hr9bdh19iq389ajzsm2947988rs58"))))
  (build-system chicken-build-system)
  (arguments
   '(#:egg-name "qt-light"
     #:phases
     (modify-phases %standard-phases
       (add-before 'build 'setup-environment
         (lambda* (#:key inputs #:allow-other-keys)
           (setenv "QTDIR" (assoc-ref inputs "qt"))
           #t)))
     ))
  (inputs `(("qt" ,qtbase)))
  (home-page "https://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/5/qt-light")
  (synopsis "A lightweight Qt 5 interface")
  (description
   "This extension provides a lightweight and relatively easy to use
interface to Trolltech's Qt GUI toolkit.")
  (license license:bsd-3))

trying to install this pacakge, I receive following error:

phase `unpack' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
starting phase `patch-usr-bin-file'
phase `patch-usr-bin-file' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
starting phase `patch-source-shebangs'
patch-shebang: ./qt-light/chicken-compile-qt-extension.scm: changing `/bin/sh' to `/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/sh'
phase `patch-source-shebangs' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
starting phase `setup-environment'
phase `setup-environment' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
starting phase `build'

Error: extension not cached
command "chicken-install" "-cached" "-no-install" "qt-light" failed with status 70

could anyone help me about this issue?

[1]: https://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/5/qt-light

--
Reza Alizadeh Majd
PantherX Team

* Re: Problem on packaging qt-light extension for Chicken
@ 2021-01-07 11:20 ` Ekaitz Zarraga
From: Ekaitz Zarraga @ 2021-01-07 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reza Alizadeh Majd; +Cc: help-guix@gnu.org

> phase `unpack' succeeded after 0.0 seconds starting phase`patch-usr-bin-file'
> phase `patch-usr-bin-file' succeeded after 0.0 seconds starting phase`patch-source-shebangs'
> patch-shebang: ./qt-light/chicken-compile-qt-extension.scm: changing `/bin/sh' to`/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/sh'
> phase `patch-source-shebangs' succeeded after 0.0 seconds starting phase`setup-environment'
> phase `setup-environment' succeeded after 0.0 seconds starting phase`build'
>
> Error: extension not cached
> command "chicken-install" "-cached" "-no-install" "qt-light" failed with status 70

When I saw the message I was puzzled and tried to work around your issues with no success.
I talked with who started the chicken buildsystem, and I was told the error is related with
some dependencies missing.
The error message should be clearer on this but it makes sense, the non-cached extension is
not qt-light but its deps.

The egg says:

 (dependencies bind protobj matchable miscmacros shell)

So you probably need to package that first.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Ekaitz

* Re: Problem on packaging qt-light extension for Chicken
@ 2021-01-07 11:46   ` Reza Alizadeh Majd
From: Reza Alizadeh Majd @ 2021-01-07 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ekaitz Zarraga; +Cc: help-guix@gnu.org

Hi,

> When I saw the message I was puzzled and tried to work around your
> issues with no success. I talked with who started the chicken
> buildsystem, and I was told the error is related with some
> dependencies missing. The error message should be clearer on this but
> it makes sense, the non-cached extension is not qt-light but its deps.
>
> The egg says:

>  (dependencies bind protobj matchable miscmacros shell)
>
> So you probably need to package that first.
>
> Hope this helps. Good luck!

yes the error message wasn't so clear to find if the issue is related
to which part of build process.

I'll try to resolve the dependency issues and see if I can finally
prepare the package or not.

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,
Reza