unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Following my first contributions to the translation of the guix-manual
@ 2020-12-04 16:51 Hubert Lombard
From: Hubert Lombard @ 2020-12-04 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Guix!

Based on the recommendations that you provided me after the first contributions to the translation of the guix-manual, I thought that I would do some proofreading, track down possible spelling mistakes, identify possible offensive expressions, emphasize inclusive writing, etc...

Can you confirm that this inspiration is still relevant, about guix-manual-1.2.0-pre3.fr.po?

If so, can I simply copy the 'guix-manual-1.2.0-pre3.en.po' current (Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 20:32:04 +0100) instead of 'guix-manual.en.po' into my initially cloned guix git ad-hoc git environment?

If not, do I have to do the following manipulation again?

~/guix$ guix environment guix
~/guix [env]$ ./bootstrap
~/guix [env]$ ./configure --localstatedir=/var
~/guix [env]$ make
~/guix [env]$ make info && info -f doc/guix.fr.info

Unless it is not necessary, is the update done automatically? In my opinion, the update is done automatically, but if in doubt, I prefer to ask you...

Thank you in advance :-)

--
Hubert

* Re: Following my first contributions to the translation of the guix-manual
@ 2020-12-04 18:57 ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2020-12-04 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hubert Lombard; +Cc: help-guix

Le Fri, 4 Dec 2020 17:51:49 +0100,
Hubert Lombard <contact@hubert-lombard.website> a écrit :

> Hi Guix!
>
> Based on the recommendations that you provided me after the first
> contributions to the translation of the guix-manual, I thought that I
> would do some proofreading, track down possible spelling mistakes,
> identify possible offensive expressions, emphasize inclusive writing,
> etc...
>
> Can you confirm that this inspiration is still relevant, about
> guix-manual-1.2.0-pre3.fr.po?
>
> If so, can I simply copy the 'guix-manual-1.2.0-pre3.en.po' current
> (Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 20:32:04 +0100) instead of
> 'guix-manual.en.po' into my initially cloned guix git ad-hoc git
> environment?
>
> If not, do I have to do the following manipulation again?
>
> ~/guix$ guix environment guix
> ~/guix [env]$ ./bootstrap
> ~/guix [env]$ ./configure --localstatedir=/var
> ~/guix [env]$ make
> ~/guix [env]$ make info && info -f doc/guix.fr.info
>
> Unless it is not necessary, is the update done automatically? In my
> opinion, the update is done automatically, but if in doubt, I prefer
> to ask you...
>
> Thank you in advance :-)

If you want to test your changes to guix-manual-*.fr.po, you need to
use make, so intermediate files are updated too:

~/guix$ guix environment guix
~/guix [env]$ ./bootstrap
~/guix [env]$ ./configure --localstatedir=/var
~/guix [env]$ make doc/guix.fr.info

* Re: Following my first contributions to the translation of the guix-manual
@ 2020-12-04 20:15   ` Hubert Lombard
From: Hubert Lombard @ 2020-12-04 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Lepiller; +Cc: help-guix

Thank you julien for the precision, I will do it.

Have a nice evening.

Hubert