unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* OpenGL on Guix?
@ 2020-06-09  9:26 Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2020-06-09  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi!

I'm trying to make use of OpenCL on Guix System.  My GPU supports it.
I've tried installing

- mesa-opencl
- mesa-opencl-icd

in my system profile but `clinfo` still returns

Number of platforms                               0

Any clue how to set up OpenCL?

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: OpenGL on Guix?
@ 2020-06-11 13:36 ` raingloom
From: raingloom @ 2020-06-11 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Neidhardt; +Cc: help-guix

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 11:26:50 +0200
Pierre Neidhardt <mail@ambrevar.xyz> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to make use of OpenCL on Guix System.  My GPU supports it.
> I've tried installing
>
> - mesa-opencl
> - mesa-opencl-icd
>
> in my system profile but `clinfo` still returns

> Number of platforms                               0
>
> Any clue how to set up OpenCL?

I would also love to know this.

When I brought it up on IRC the most info I got was that mesa-opencl
should probably replace mesa in the future.