unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* GUIX_LOCPATH message over and over again
@ 2020-05-19 15:17 Ekaitz Zarraga
From: Ekaitz Zarraga @ 2020-05-19 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix\@gnu.org

Hi all,

I made a guix pull the other day and since then I'm getting the classic:

guile: warning: failed to install locale
hint: Consider installing the `glibc-utf8-locales' or `glibc-locales' package and defining `GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines:

     guix package -i glibc-utf8-locales
     export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"

See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for mo...

But what it says doesn't solve anything. The error persists.
What am I missing?
IIRC it went away in previous time just doing what the error message says.

Also, isn't there any way to make it just work in GuixSD?

Thanks!
ElenQ Technology
Ethical Innovation

* GUIX_LOCPATH message over and over again
@ 2020-05-20  6:03 Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski
From: Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski @ 2020-05-20  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ekaitz, help-guix

When I get that on my Ubuntu, I repeat this steps :

$ guix pull
$ guix package --install=glibc-locales
$ guix upgrade
$ sudo su
# guix pull
# guix package --install=glibc-locales
# guix upgrade

Then make sure super user and regular users share the same locales.

Finally, I reboot.