unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Wifi setup issue durnig Graphical install
@ 2020-05-17 13:17 Reza Alizadeh Majd
From: Reza Alizadeh Majd @ 2020-05-17 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Trying to setup Wifi connection inside the Graphical installer,
it stops with "Connection in progress" message, and won't prompt me
about SSID password.

attached screenshot shows this issue. does anyone could help me about
this?

an screenshot about this issue is also attached.

Regards

--
Reza Alizadeh Majd
PantherX Team

[-- Attachment #2: 20200516_114532_2.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 270558 bytes --]

* Re: Wifi setup issue durnig Graphical install
@ 2020-05-17 19:02 ` raingloom
From: raingloom @ 2020-05-17 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

On Sun, 17 May 2020 17:47:43 +0430
Reza Alizadeh Majd <r.majd@pantherx.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Trying to setup Wifi connection inside the Graphical installer,
> it stops with "Connection in progress" message, and won't prompt me
> about SSID password.
>
> attached screenshot shows this issue. does anyone could help me about
> this?
>
> an screenshot about this issue is also attached.
>

> Regards

Have you tried running nmtui directly?

* Re: Wifi setup issue during Graphical install
@ 2020-05-17 19:08   ` Efraim Flashner
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2020-05-17 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raingloom; +Cc: help-guix

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 09:02:04PM +0200, raingloom wrote:
> On Sun, 17 May 2020 17:47:43 +0430
> Reza Alizadeh Majd <r.majd@pantherx.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Trying to setup Wifi connection inside the Graphical installer,
> > it stops with "Connection in progress" message, and won't prompt me
> > about SSID password.
> >
> > attached screenshot shows this issue. does anyone could help me about
> > this?
> >
> > an screenshot about this issue is also attached.
> >

> > Regards
> >

> Have you tried running nmtui directly?

I'm pretty sure the graphical installer uses connman. I'm pretty sure
that this is one of the issues that's supposed to be fixed in an
upcoming 1.1.1 release. Until then I'd suggest building an install image
from master.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Wifi setup issue during Graphical install
@ 2020-05-17 22:01     ` Reza Alizadeh Majd
From: Reza Alizadeh Majd @ 2020-05-17 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Efraim Flashner; +Cc: help-guix

On Sun, 17 May 2020 22:08:19 +0300
Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> wrote:

> On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 09:02:04PM +0200, raingloom wrote:
> > On Sun, 17 May 2020 17:47:43 +0430
> >
> > Have you tried running nmtui directly?

since network-manager is not available in installation image, I tried
to connect with connman instead. and succeeded to connect manually
using  `connmanctl` using following commands:

# rfkill unblock wifi
# connamnctl
(connmanctl) scan wifi
(connmanctl) services
(connmanctl) agent on
(connmanctl) connect wifi.....

but the graphical installer have this issue.

> I'm pretty sure the graphical installer uses connman. I'm pretty sure
> that this is one of the issues that's supposed to be fixed in an
> upcoming 1.1.1 release. Until then I'd suggest building an install
> image from master.

thanks for your response. so, I can both wait for upcoming release or
use the master branch to create disk image.

--
Reza Alizadeh Majd
PantherX Team