unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* GNU Guix maintainer collective update
@ 2020-05-04 13:31 Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2020-05-04 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix, guix-devel

Hello Guix!

There's a new blog post about a recent update to the GNU Guix maintainer
collective [0].  I won't repeat the blog post here, but in a few words,
Ricardo Wurmus is stepping down from his role and Mathieu Othacehe
is joining in.

Let's take a moment to thank Ricardo for his time as a Guix
co-maintainer.  He's been immensely useful to the project and I hope
we'll continue to see him around.

Let's also welcome Mathieu Othacehe in his new role!  Congratulations,
Mathieu!  :-)

[0]  https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2020/gnu-guix-maintainer-collective-update/

Maxim

* Re: GNU Guix maintainer collective update
@ 2020-05-04 14:27 ` sirgazil
From: sirgazil @ 2020-05-04 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Cournoyer; +Cc: help-guix, guix-devel

 ---- On Mon, 04 May 2020 13:31:46 +0000 Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> wrote ----
 > Hello Guix!
 >
 > There's a new blog post about a recent update to the GNU Guix maintainer
 > collective [0].  I won't repeat the blog post here, but in a few words,
 > Ricardo Wurmus is stepping down from his role and Mathieu Othacehe
 > is joining in.
 >
 > Let's take a moment to thank Ricardo for his time as a Guix
 > co-maintainer.  He's been immensely useful to the project and I hope
 > we'll continue to see him around.

Hey, Wurmus, thanks a million. I really appreciate your help and the work you have done.

 > Let's also welcome Mathieu Othacehe in his new role!  Congratulations,
 > Mathieu!  :-)

Great! Welcome, Mathieu :)

* Re: GNU Guix maintainer collective update
@ 2020-05-04 15:08   ` Jack Hill
From: Jack Hill @ 2020-05-04 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, help-guix

On Mon, 4 May 2020, sirgazil wrote:

> ---- On Mon, 04 May 2020 13:31:46 +0000 Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> wrote ----
> > Let's take a moment to thank Ricardo for his time as a Guix
> > co-maintainer.  He's been immensely useful to the project and I hope
> > we'll continue to see him around.
>

> Hey, Wurmus, thanks a million. I really appreciate your help and the work you have done.

Indeed, thanks Ricardo. Guix is great technology, but what I particularly
love about it is the great community of people thanks to your kind
leadership. Hope to see you around and best wishes!

> > Let's also welcome Mathieu Othacehe in his new role!  Congratulations,
> > Mathieu!  :-)
>
> Great! Welcome, Mathieu :)

Huzzah! Welcome!

Best,
Jack

* Re: GNU Guix maintainer collective update
@ 2020-05-05  0:58 ` John Soo
From: John Soo @ 2020-05-05  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Cournoyer; +Cc: guix-devel, help-guix

Hello Guix and Ricardo,

> There's a new blog post about a recent update to the GNU Guix maintainer
> collective [0].  I won't repeat the blog post here, but in a few words,
> Ricardo Wurmus is stepping down from his role and Mathieu Othacehe
> is joining in.

I would like to echo the sentiment that Guix is nice software but has
even nicer leadership and community. Thank you so much for your service,
Ricardo.

I hope to see you around.

> Let's also welcome Mathieu Othacehe in his new role!  Congratulations,
> Mathieu!  :-)

Congratulations Mathieu!

Kindly,

John Soo

* Re: GNU Guix maintainer collective update
@ 2020-05-05 21:18 ` Björn Höfling
From: Björn Höfling @ 2020-05-05 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Cournoyer; +Cc: guix-devel, help-guix

On Mon, 04 May 2020 09:31:46 -0400
Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's take a moment to thank Ricardo for his time as a Guix
> co-maintainer.  He's been immensely useful to the project and I hope
> we'll continue to see him around.

Thanks Ricardo for being a kind member of Guix and for really
supporting and fostering this kind, respectful community. I never found
an online community that is as respectful as the one here and I learned
a lot from you online, offline and within Outreachy.

And thanks for all the work you did. Hope to see you still around.

> Let's also welcome Mathieu Othacehe in his new role!  Congratulations,
> Mathieu!  :-)

Congratulations, Mathieu :-)

Björn

* Re: GNU Guix maintainer collective update
@ 2020-05-11 17:08     ` Christopher Lemmer Webber
From: Christopher Lemmer Webber @ 2020-05-11 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix; +Cc: guix-devel

Jack Hill writes:

> On Mon, 4 May 2020, sirgazil wrote:
>
>> ---- On Mon, 04 May 2020 13:31:46 +0000 Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> wrote ----
>> > Let's take a moment to thank Ricardo for his time as a Guix
>> > co-maintainer.  He's been immensely useful to the project and I hope
>> > we'll continue to see him around.
>>

>> Hey, Wurmus, thanks a million. I really appreciate your help and the work you have done.
>
> Indeed, thanks Ricardo. Guix is great technology, but what I
> particularly love about it is the great community of people thanks to
> your kind leadership. Hope to see you around and best wishes!

Absolutely sharing the same.  Guix has always been one of the warmest
and friendliest communities in my experience of FOSS, and Ricardo has
consistently been a stand-up role model in that regard.

>> > Let's also welcome Mathieu Othacehe in his new role!  Congratulations,
>> > Mathieu!  :-)
>>
>> Great! Welcome, Mathieu :)
>
> Huzzah! Welcome!

Yes!