On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 03:56:07PM +0100, Konrad Hinsen wrote: > Am 27.12.19 um 14:29 schrieb Todor Kondić: > > > Given the user-centric approach of Guix, it feels like it should be up to individual users of a shared system to deal with installations and the system updates. But, what to do when they are lazy, or too novice for fiddling with the command line? > > > > Do I use the admin's prerogative and set their own crontabs to pull and "package -u" once in a while? I feel like this is overriding their free will for their own good. > > > > Note that the question is ethical, as much as technical :) > > Ask your users what they prefer. I'd want to handle this myself, but many of > my colleagues would prefer an admin to take care of all updating. We are all > different :-) > Also note the difference in outputs beween 'guix package --list-profiles' and 'sudo guix package --list-profiles' -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted