Great, my mail client probably fooled me again... Sorry again for sending a private message, this is my first real discussion on a mailing list. Is there a way to keep messages on the list, I'm using "respond to a mailing list" option, but it somehow doesn't do what I want. Reposting the message here: Ricardo Wurmus writes(a): > > Hi, > > > throws '/mnt/etc/config.scm:40:1 error: invalid field specifier'. > > Your config file at line 40 contains this form: > > (services (append (list … … some-list)) > %base-services) > > The format is wrong. What I called “some-list” is this: > > (remove (lambda (service) > (eq? (service-kind service) gdm-service-type)) > %desktop-services) > > This is a list of services. You are nesting lists and that’s not what > “services” accepts. The field only accepts a single list of services. > > Another problem is “%base-services”, which is another list. You are > providing two values for the “services” field: one nested list and a > plain list of services (%base-services). > > This will work: > > (services (append > ;; This is a simple list of services. It’s the first > ;; argument to “append”. > (list (service dhcp-client-service-type) > (service slim-service-type > (slim-configuration (display ":0") > (vt "vt7"))) > (service slim-service-type (slim-configuration > (display ":1") > (vt "vt8")))) > ;; This is the second argument to “append”. It’s just a > ;; simple list of services, same as %desktop-services but > ;; without the gdm-service-type. > (remove (lambda (service) > (eq? (service-kind service) gdm-service-type)) > %desktop-services))) > > I wasn't familiar with this remove procedure from srfi-1, I've been learning Guile only for 3 month, thank you for explaining. The system initialized correctly, but the same thing happens while trying to boot into the recently installed system (removing gdm didn't help). I copied the whole /var/log folder so I'm attaching zip-compressed folder below. And also a strange thing happened - don't know if it's related, but after switching my system to "UEFI mode" screen resolution using linux-libre, which was really low, now changed normal (as on systems with blobs loaded).