unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Best course for recently fixed packages?
@ 2019-06-12  5:15 Jesse Gibbons
From: Jesse Gibbons @ 2019-06-12  5:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

There is a package I am defining that I want to push to the repository.
On github, its most recent release fails to build because it needs a
dependency that no longer exists. This was fixed in the master branch.
What should I specify as the commit?

Since I don't know when master will next be updated (it was last
updated 22 hours before when I decided to ask this and appears to be
updated almost daily) and each commit is likely to change the package's
sha256 hash, it does not make sense to specify that the commit is
"master". Should I instead specify master's current commit hash until
the project's next release? Or should I specify the most recent release
and specify a patch with the changes that fixed it? Or would it be best
for me to place this package on hold until the next release?

Thanks for the advice,
-Jesse