On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 18:15:34 +0000 "Raghav Gururajan" wrote: > Hi Guix! > > Since my BIOS comes with in-built grub payload, I did not want to > install bootloader on disk (but do want grub.cfg file > under /gnu/store/), so I passed --no-bootloader parameter during guix > system init. The guix system got successfully instantiated and there > was *grub.cfg file under /gnu/store/. The file stayed even after > multiple reboot, guix pull and guix package -u. But when I did guix > gc, it removed the *grub.cfg file under /gnu/store/. How can I > prevent this from happening? Since I am a novice user, please provide > me step-wise explanation. Hi, I'm not 100% sure that what you are doing is correct in the Guix-sense. Anyway, what's important is that you never delete from the /gnu/store manually, always use guix gc, as you did. To prevent things in the store from garbage collection, you can use the additional build parameter "--root=file", see here: https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/guix.html#Additional-Build-Options i.e. guix build ... --root=/home/me/my-gc-root That would prevent the gc to remove that file, as long as that created link points to the store entry. Hope this helps, Björn