unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* very few substitutes available?
@ 2019-01-05 17:24 Thomas Danckaert
From: Thomas Danckaert @ 2019-01-05 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi guix,

I've been attempting to update my profile for a while now (actually
the latest generation is already from july... :-) ).  I find that I
always have to build a huge number of packages, such as the entire
rust bootstrap & icecat...  I've been stuck in a loop where I run
“guix pull”, wait a few days, see that I still have to build icecat,
and try “guix pull” again, ...

How long does it typically take before substitutes are available
after pulling from master?  Or is there a way to see (from
ci.guix.info?) which revision I should pull in order to have a
maximum of substitutes available?

Thanks!

Thomas