On Fri, 09 Nov 2018 15:18:00 -0600 Brett Gilio wrote: > Brian Woodcox writes: > > P.S. If anyone feels energetic and has the time, it would be nice > > to have a recipe to install the VirtualBox Guest Additions into > > GuixSD. Then I can get copy and paste to work. :) > > I am thrilled you are having as good of a time with GuixSD as I am. It > is a truly tremendous system, and I have found virtually no > limitations. > > Somebody may have to correct me on this, but I believe VirtualBox's > Guest Additions have a freedom issue, so you will be unlikely to find > a recipe to get it packaged for installation. I apologize on that > front, however I do recommend you use QEMU instead if possible in > KVM, that way you can use the fully free VirtIO bundle for > acceleration and achieving full screen with proper resolution and so I don't know exactly. But I also have that feeling that there was some freedom issue with the guest additions. I'm working over SSH for that purpose: What I'm doing is adding an SSH service to my GuixSD-VM-config, having the SSH port being opened/redirected, setting up an SSH-key and having an alias in my ~/.ssh/config: Host g64 HostName localhost Port 3333 User bjoern In that way I can quickly, passwordless login via "ssh g64" into my GuixSD x86_64 machine and have the usual copy/paste from my host system. For files/longer pastes I can use "scp local-file g64:~". Björn