On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 12:10:37PM +0530, Pierre Neidhardt wrote: > > After a fresh boot, pulseaudio works just fine. If I log out and log > back again, I systematically get the following odd behaviour: > > - When no sound is playing, I hear crackles. > - Instead of one, two pulseaudio processes are running. > - `pavucontrol' fails to start, claiming it cannot connect to the server. > - Power consumption skyrockets. > > If I kill all pulseaudio processes, it goes back to normal. That is to > say, until I log out and in again. > > Can anyone reproduce? I can't reproduce this. How are you starting Pulseaudio? Can you include your config.scm?