On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 07:25:10PM +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > > Catonano writes: > > > "The command starts system services specified in file that are not > > currently running; if a service is currently running, it does not attempt > > to upgrade it since this would not be possible without stopping it first." > > > > I was wondering: what about the desktop services ? > > > > I undertsand that my desktop session comes with a few services (in > > %desktop-services or something) > > > > Does this mean that my desktop services do NOT get updated when I > > reconfigure my system ? > > That’s a misunderstanding. All of the things in the “services” field of > your operating-system configuration are “system services”, so all of > them get updated. But, it doesn't try to stop and restart those services in case of any relevant changes, right? Doesn't that require a reboot?