unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* mumble unable to recognize mic and speakers
@ 2017-12-26 21:15 Quiliro Ordonez Baca
From: Quiliro Ordonez Baca @ 2017-12-26 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I am using a macbook air from 2009 where the speakers are correctly
configured. But mumble will not recognize them.

Please give me a tip to get it configured. Thank you.

Quiliro

* Re: mumble unable to recognize mic and speakers
@ 2018-01-02 17:17 ` Christopher Lemmer Webber
From: Christopher Lemmer Webber @ 2018-01-02 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Quiliro Ordonez Baca; +Cc: help-guix

You may need to do one of the following:
 - go to audio input / audio output and select the right device
 - maybe use the "pavucontrol" pulseaudio configuration tool to
   configure things

@ 2018-01-02 20:06   ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2018-01-02 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Lemmer Webber; +Cc: Quiliro Ordonez Baca, help-guix

Christopher Lemmer Webber transcribed 0.4K bytes:
> You may need to do one of the following:
>  - go to audio input / audio output and select the right device
>  - maybe use the "pavucontrol" pulseaudio configuration tool to
>    configure things

In the worst case what worked for me is to run
  killall pulseaudio
until I have removed all instances of pulseaudio.
Then start mumble again.

--
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588
GnuPG: https://c.n0.is/ng0_pubkeys/tree/keys

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: mumble unable to recognize mic and speakers
@ 2018-01-11  2:32   ` Quiliro Ordonez Baca
From: Quiliro Ordonez Baca @ 2018-01-11  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Lemmer Webber; +Cc: help-guix

Christopher Lemmer Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org> writes:

> You may need to do one of the following:
>  - go to audio input / audio output and select the right device
>  - maybe use the "pavucontrol" pulseaudio configuration tool to
>    configure things

Thank you for your suggestion.

In pavucontrol, I went to 'port' in 'input devices' and the only option
is to use 'microphone (disconnected)'

* Re: mumble unable to recognize mic and speakers
@ 2018-01-11  3:06     ` Quiliro Ordonez Baca
From: Quiliro Ordonez Baca @ 2018-01-11  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Lemmer Webber; +Cc: help-guix

ng0 <ng0@n0.is> writes:

> Christopher Lemmer Webber transcribed 0.4K bytes:
>> You may need to do one of the following:
>>  - go to audio input / audio output and select the right device
>>  - maybe use the "pavucontrol" pulseaudio configuration tool to
>>    configure things
>
> In the worst case what worked for me is to run
>   killall pulseaudio
> until I have removed all instances of pulseaudio.
> Then start mumble again.

Thank you for your response.

I have tryed that. I even went into alsamixer and lifted the volume and
unmutted all that I could. Nothing worked to make the mic work. The
speakers are OK.