unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* gitlab.com/rain1/guix-wiki
@ 2017-05-21  0:50 Fox
From: Fox @ 2017-05-21  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

https://gitlab.com/rain1/guix-wiki/wikis/home

a real world wiki about the greatest distro ever

* Re: gitlab.com/rain1/guix-wiki
@ 2017-05-21  1:38 ` Adonay Felipe Nogueira
From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira @ 2017-05-21  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Fox, perhaps you can contribute to our existing documentation, it's
collaboration based, like a wiki.

You can do so by editing "/doc" path (starting from the project's source
directory). Most files are writen in TeXinfo (.texi extension).

If you want more information or help, please ask.

Whenever possible, plase avoid duplicating efforts.

Happy hacking! :)

--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com

* Re: gitlab.com/rain1/guix-wiki
@ 2017-05-21  3:18 ` Quiliro
From: Quiliro @ 2017-05-21  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

El Sun, 21 May 2017 02:50:16 +0200
Fox <firefox@firemail.cc> escribió:

> https://gitlab.com/rain1/guix-wiki/wikis/home
>
> a real world wiki about the greatest distro ever

Awesome! How can I help?

--
Example of rude top posting:

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

A: No.
Q: Should I leave quotations after my reply?

Saluton,
Quiliro
0987631031

* guix-wiki
@ 2017-05-21 11:43   ` Fox
From: Fox @ 2017-05-21 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:

> Whenever possible, plase avoid duplicating efforts.
>
> Happy hacking! :)

yup, duplicated efforts are not cogent nor expedient. Everything of
importance ought to be part of the original GNUsite.

* Re: guix-wiki
@ 2017-05-21 15:09     ` Quiliro
From: Quiliro @ 2017-05-21 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

El Sun, 21 May 2017 13:43:02 +0200
Fox <firefox@firemail.cc> escribió:

> Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
> >
> > Whenever possible, plase avoid duplicating efforts.
> >
> > Happy hacking! :)
>

> yup, duplicated efforts are not cogent nor expedient. Everything of
> importance ought to be part of the original GNUsite.

How to contribute to the main site then?

--
Example of rude top posting:

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

A: No.
Q: Should I leave quotations after my reply?

Saluton,
Quiliro
0987631031

* Contributing to the manual
@ 2017-05-22  8:52       ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-05-22  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Quiliro; +Cc: help-guix

Hello!

Quiliro <quiliro@riseup.net> skribis:

> El Sun, 21 May 2017 13:43:02 +0200
> Fox <firefox@firemail.cc> escribió:
>
>> Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
>> >
>> > Whenever possible, plase avoid duplicating efforts.
>> >
>> > Happy hacking! :)
>>

>> yup, duplicated efforts are not cogent nor expedient. Everything of
>> importance ought to be part of the original GNUsite.
>
> How to contribute to the main site then?

The manual of Guix, a copy of which can be seen at
<https://gnu.org/s/guix/manual/html_node>, is maintained in Guix itself:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/doc/guix.texi#n264

It is written in Texinfo, which is a lightweight markup language.

We definitely welcome improvements to the manual!  Before adding
something to the manual, please make sure it’s not already there ;-),
and make sure that what you add is properly integrated and linked to the
rest of the manual.

Once you’re done, you can submit a patch in the usual way:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html

Ludo’.