unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Does guix remount /gnu/store when on another partition?
@ 2017-01-05 19:28 dian_cecht
From: dian_cecht @ 2017-01-05 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello,

     I was wondering whether, if I put /gnu (or /gnu/store) on a seperate
partition, Guix would (re)mount the partition ro/rw as needed. I know the store
is supposed to be read-only (unless guix-daemon is making a change), but I
wanted to know if it handed this specific case or if it was only ever a simple
permissions change.

* Re: Does guix remount /gnu/store when on another partition?
@ 2017-01-06  9:06 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-01-06  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi!

dian_cecht@zoho.com skribis:

>      I was wondering whether, if I put /gnu (or /gnu/store) on a seperate
> partition, Guix would (re)mount the partition ro/rw as needed.

Yes, that shouldn’t make any difference.

The read-only bind mount of /gnu/store on GuixSD is declared here:

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/system/file-systems.scm#n202

Ludo’.