On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 02:25:49PM -0400, Troy Sankey wrote: > I understand why this happens: > > % khal --help > Usage: .khal-real [OPTIONS] COMMAND [ARGS]... > [...] > > but I think it sorta sucks for user experience. Just thought I'd point this > out, and I was wondering if there were any ideas to address this. > > Specifically, argv[0] references the name of the "real" executable, rather than > the guix wrapper. This is almost always benign, but it looks ugly in help > menus. I wonder if the Khal author (Christian) intends for users to rename the executable. Otherwise, why use argv[0]? Is it some side-effect of a documentation tool used by Khal? I would understand if khal and ikhal were the same executable, and behavior was changed based on argv[0], but that's not the case. It does look ugly.