On 2016-06-18(09:45:12+0200), Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > > Hi, > > I found it very hard to read this email, because there are so many > non-essential things pasted in the body :-/ I wasn't sure what's useful information and what's not. > I hope I didn't miss anything important while I paged through your > email, but one thing stood out to: > > ng0 writes: > > > python: stdout/stderr: import json perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("Cpython: stdout/stderr: File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 108, in > > python: stdout/stderr: from .decoder import JSONDecoder > > python: stdout/stderr: File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 5, in > > python: stdout/stderr: import struct > > python: stdout/stderr: File "/usr/lib/python2.7/struct.py", line 1, in > > python: stdout/stderr: from _struct import * > > python: stdout/stderr: ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_struct.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicode > > That's not okay. You cannot mix Python from your system with Python > from Guix. Do you have system stuff on your PYTHONPATH? Do you have > LD_LIBRARY_PATH set? Guix packages should never use system libraries. > > ~~ Ricardo In the beginning this was an experiment, to see if Guix would run unaffected on a gentoo-hardened kernel. I am switching back to a desktop/amd64 profile, will check if things changed. I would strip the host system from as much binaries as possible, but I am not sure if this is possible without wasting my time on this task. Checking right now, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PYTHONPATH are not set, but LIBRARY_PATH is. -- ♥Ⓐ ng0 For non-prism friendly talk find me on psyced.org / loupsycedyglgamf.onion