unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Error while logging in
@ 2016-02-24 18:34 Pietro Ferrera
From: Pietro Ferrera @ 2016-02-24 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi all!
I managed to install the distro (standard install, config.scm is pretty much the default desktop.scm, just a /home partition added) with almost no problem, but I can only log in as root. Whenever I try to login as a normal user I get the following warning

"failed to execute login command"

and get thrown back to the login screen.

This happens both with ratpoison and xfce
Can someone help me?
Thanks a lot,

P.

* Re: Error while logging in
@ 2016-02-24 22:07 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2016-02-24 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pietro Ferrera; +Cc: help-guix

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 07:34:10PM +0100, Pietro Ferrera wrote:
> Hi all!
> I managed to install the distro (standard install, config.scm is pretty much the default desktop.scm, just a /home partition added) with almost no problem, but I can only log in as root. Whenever I try to login as a normal user I get the following warning
>
> "failed to execute login command"
>
> and get thrown back to the login screen.
>
> This happens both with ratpoison and xfce
> Can someone help me?

This is a guess, but did you set a password for your user? You can log
in as root and then do `passwd username`.

> Thanks a lot,
>
> P.

* Re: Error while logging in
@ 2016-02-25  5:32 Pietro Ferrera
From: Pietro Ferrera @ 2016-02-25  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: help-guix

done that; three times, actually. ):

P.Il 24/feb/2016 11:07 PM Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> ha scritto:

> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 07:34:10PM +0100, Pietro Ferrera wrote:
> > Hi all!
> > I managed to install the distro (standard install, config.scm is pretty much the default desktop.scm, just a /home partition added) with almost no problem, but I can only log in as root. Whenever I try to login as a normal user I get the following warning
> >
> > "failed to execute login command"
> >
> > and get thrown back to the login screen.
> >
> > This happens both with ratpoison and xfce
> > Can someone help me?
>
> This is a guess, but did you set a password for your user? You can log
> in as root and then do `passwd username`.
>
> > Thanks a lot,
> >
> > P.

* Re: Error while logging in
@ 2016-02-25 10:14 ` 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2016-02-25 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pietro Ferrera; +Cc: help-guix

Pietro Ferrera <p.ferrera@openmailbox.org> writes:

> done that; three times, actually. ):
Do you use ~/.xsession file?  It need to be an executable.