On 23.01.2023 16:34, Giovanni Biscuolo wrote: > Hello everybody, > > (this is an old thread started on help-guix [1]) > > Ludovic Courtès writes: > >> "Thompson, David" skribis: >> >>> On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 2:40 AM Ricardo Wurmus wrote: >>>> >>>> Another thing that seems to be missing is a way to supervise and manage >>>> running containers. I use a shepherd instance for this with >>>> container-specific actions like this: > > [...] > >>> Hey that's a real nice starting point for a container management tool! >>> So maybe there should be a system service to manage containers and >>> then a 'docker compose'-like tool for declaratively specifying >>> containers and their network bridging configuration that is a client >>> of the service? >> >> Agreed! We could turn Ricardo’s code into ‘container-guest-service’ or >> something and have ‘containerized-operating-system’ add it >> automatically. > > please there was some progress with this service? > > once done, could it be possible to declaratively start a whole network > of containers using a dedicated home-service, or > containerized-operating-systems (also on foreign distros)? > > right now with "guix system container" we can imperatively manage > (start/stop, connect to the console with nsenter) and connect them > to the network [2], Ricardo showed us how he do it programmatically; > having a declarative interface (os-records) whould be awesome! > > I'm very interested and willing to test it, if needed > > thanks! Gio' > > > [1] id:878rn4syql.fsf@elephly.net > > [2] thank you Ricardo for the cookbook section! > https://guix.gnu.org/en/cookbook/en/guix-cookbook.html#Guix-System-Containers > Does anyone have a simple example of a container with PostgreSQL and some web service like Flask? I'm new to Guix and I did see the PostgreSQL example that is linked in codebook but I'm missing an example of adding a custom service and was a bit overwhelming when I looked at the source code. Best, Przemek