Le lundi 24 janvier 2022 à 08:46 +0100, Tanguy LE CARROUR a écrit : > Everything works as expected on my Thinkpad T200. The problem is with > my > Viking D8… that uses the nVIDIA driver! Do you think it could be > related? I am using a Vikings D8 with Trisquel 9 + Guix and Debian 11 + Guix, I can see Grub menu but only in text mode. https://libreboot.org/docs/hardware/kcma-d8.html says only text- mode is known to work (my D8 has coreboot but I suppose the problem is the same). I have a GeForce GT-710 but I suspect that it isn't used at the time Grub is loaded. Vikings told me a non-free blob would be needed to have graphical GRUB display. In Trisquel, I had set GRUB_TERMINAL=console in /etc/default/grub. In Debian, I did not set anything manually, I don't know how text mode is selected. By the way, with nouveau I have regular system freezes with Trisquel 9 (logs show issues with stack in nouveau, can happen more than once a day), while with Debian 11 and Mate, I only rarely (once a month or less) have the Mate session disconnected (apparently, X server was restarted). Perhaps this wasn't the main question, but in case it could help. David.