unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: znavko@disroot.org
To: help-guix <help-guix@gnu.org>
Subject: How to add an element 'Ungoogled Chromium with Tor' to Applications menu in Xfce4-panel on GuixSD?
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2019 09:50:20 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello! I've installed Ungoogled-Chromium on GuixSD, thanks Marius Bakke for the port to guix!

I've found Chromium has settings for proxy only from command line run.
Using 'man chromium' I've got Chromium works with Tor this way:

`chromium --proxy-server="socks4://127.0.0.1:9050"`

cause tor is using port 9050:
$ netstat -lntu
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:9050 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:68 0.0.0.0:*
Now I want to add Applications menu element 'Chromium Tor'. But as far as guix breaks usual linux directories structure and I have no /usr/share/applications folder, want to aks how to edit or add element to Applications menu in xfce4?