unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Synapse Matrix
@ 2021-11-15 17:29 crodges
From: crodges @ 2021-11-15 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello all,

I'm setting up a guix server but since I'm very new to Guix (1-2 months of
continuous use) I'm still grasping many concepts. The manual is great but
regarding specific packages, I'm having a harder time finding documentation.
If anyone has experience and can answer any of the following questions, it'll
be greatly appreciated. My current issue is installing synapse.

1. Where do I find a good write up of a Synapse installation using guix? It is
packaged and I installed using root (it's under root profile now). According
to official Synapse installation guide (https://matrix-org.github.io/synapse/
latest/setup/installation.html), I should do something like

cd ~/synapse
python -m synapse.app.homeserver \
    --server-name my.domain.name \
    --config-path homeserver.yaml \
    --generate-config \
    --report-stats=[yes|no]

and from the arch wiki, it should be something like

$ sudo -u synapse python -m synapse.app.homeserver \
  --server-name my.domain.name \
  --config-path /etc/synapse/homeserver.yaml \
  --generate-config \
  --report-stats=yes

using the synapse user. My next question is

2. Where should I put config files for specific packages like synapse? I'm
assuming that I should not use /etc like the arch wiki above.

3. Assuming that I can use any arbitrary folder to house config files for
packages, is it possible to use a private channel to get them during an
installation, in order to be able to reproduce in a new install my configs?

4. Is there any place where I can contribute to documentation, in the same
spirit as the excellent arch wiki? I found https://guix.miraheze.org/wiki/
Main_Page, but it doesn't seems to be used (or at least is very new, Nov 3).

Thanks.

* Re: Synapse Matrix
@ 2021-11-22  6:29 ` Michael Rohleder
From: Michael Rohleder @ 2021-11-22  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)