unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org 
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* problem with flatpak and ssl and certificates
@ 2021-04-21 16:01 maxxcan--- via
  2021-04-21 21:38 ` Jack Hill
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: maxxcan--- via @ 2021-04-21 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello Guix!

I´m try to install flatpak apps and many works corretly, but others 
don't.

My problems is with apps like Steam, Stremio, discord. They show me 
problems with ssl, o autentications.

For example:

With Discord the error is:

did-fail-load -202 ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID retry in 
2173.1183791934736 ms

The app works fine but don't connect to the server.

With Stremio:

:ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(959)] handshake failed; returned -1, 
SSL error code 1, net_error -202

With Steam:

Invalid SSL Certificate
The SSL certificate for <https://store.steampowered.com/> is invalid 
and the page will not be loaded.

:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(935)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL 
error code 1, net_error -202


I installed openssl, nss, and p11-kit. And the problem is the same.


Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!



^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: problem with flatpak and ssl and certificates
  2021-04-21 16:01 problem with flatpak and ssl and certificates maxxcan--- via
@ 2021-04-21 21:38 ` Jack Hill
  2021-04-22  0:25   ` maxxcan--- via
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Jack Hill @ 2021-04-21 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: maxxcan; +Cc: help-guix

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021, maxxcan--- via wrote:

> Hello Guix!
>
> I´m try to install flatpak apps and many works corretly, but others don't.
>
> My problems is with apps like Steam, Stremio, discord. They show me problems 
> with ssl, o autentications.
>
> For example:
>
> With Discord the error is:
>
> did-fail-load -202 ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID retry in 2173.1183791934736 ms
>
> The app works fine but don't connect to the server.
>
> With Stremio:
>
> :ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(959)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL 
> error code 1, net_error -202
>
> With Steam:
>
> Invalid SSL Certificate
> The SSL certificate for <https://store.steampowered.com/> is invalid and the 
> page will not be loaded.
>
> :ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(935)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL error 
> code 1, net_error -202
>
> I installed openssl, nss, and p11-kit. And the problem is the same.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!!!

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions, but I've also experienced 
this problem. I don't know that there is a Guix bug for this issue, and I 
haven't determined if this is a Guix-specific issue or a Flatpak one. 
Other people have reported a similar problem with other distributions [0], 
but perhaps it's time to create a Guix issue as well.

[0] https://github.com/flathub/org.chromium.Chromium/issues/77

It's probably not an org.chromium.Chromium issue, but I didn't know that 
when I originally reported the problem.

Best,
Jack

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: problem with flatpak and ssl and certificates
  2021-04-21 21:38 ` Jack Hill
@ 2021-04-22  0:25   ` maxxcan--- via
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: maxxcan--- via @ 2021-04-22  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jack Hill; +Cc: help-guix

Jack.

I haven't any problems with that flatpak applications on ArchLinux for 
example.

El mié, 21 de abr de 2021 a las 17:38, Jack Hill 
<jackhill@jackhill.us> escribió:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2021, maxxcan--- via wrote:
> 
>> Hello Guix!
>> 
>> I´m try to install flatpak apps and many works corretly, but others 
>> don't.
>> 
>> My problems is with apps like Steam, Stremio, discord. They show me 
>> problems \x7fwith ssl, o autentications.
>> 
>> For example:
>> 
>> With Discord the error is:
>> 
>> did-fail-load -202 ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID retry in 
>> 2173.1183791934736 ms
>> 
>> The app works fine but don't connect to the server.
>> 
>> With Stremio:
>> 
>> :ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(959)] handshake failed; returned 
>> -1, SSL \x7ferror code 1, net_error -202
>> 
>> With Steam:
>> 
>> Invalid SSL Certificate
>> The SSL certificate for <<https://store.steampowered.com/>> is 
>> invalid and the \x7fpage will not be loaded.
>> 
>> :ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(935)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL 
>> error \x7fcode 1, net_error -202
>> 
>> I installed openssl, nss, and p11-kit. And the problem is the same.
>> 
>> Any suggestions?
>> 
>> Thanks!!!
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions, but I've also 
> experienced this problem. I don't know that there is a Guix bug for 
> this issue, and I haven't determined if this is a Guix-specific issue 
> or a Flatpak one. Other people have reported a similar problem with 
> other distributions [0], but perhaps it's time to create a Guix issue 
> as well.
> 
> [0] <https://github.com/flathub/org.chromium.Chromium/issues/77>
> 
> It's probably not an org.chromium.Chromium issue, but I didn't know 
> that when I originally reported the problem.
> 
> Best,
> Jack


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-04-22  9:05 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-04-21 16:01 problem with flatpak and ssl and certificates maxxcan--- via
2021-04-21 21:38 ` Jack Hill
2021-04-22  0:25   ` maxxcan--- via

unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org 

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://yhetil.org/guix-user/0 guix-user/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 guix-user guix-user/ https://yhetil.org/guix-user \
		help-guix@gnu.org
	public-inbox-index guix-user

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroups are available over NNTP:
	nntp://news.yhetil.org/yhetil.gnu.guix.user
	nntp://news.gmane.io/gmane.comp.gnu.guix.user


AGPL code for this site: git clone http://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/public-inbox.git