unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Flatpak GTK+ application: no portal file chooser
@ 2021-02-12 12:41 martin
From: martin @ 2021-02-12 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: martin, help-guix

Hi there,

I want to use `cherrytree` (a GTK+ note taking application) also on my Guix system and found the flatpak release. The installation of flatpak and this app from flathub worked fine so far but the app fails to open the file chooser dialog if I want to open/import any file.

Here is the error message:

	(cherrytree:2): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:55:54.552: Can't open portal file chooser: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Keine derartige Schnittstelle ?org.freedesktop.portal.FileChooser? des Objekts im Pfad /org/freedesktop/portal/desktop

I installed both `xdg-desktop-portal` and `xdg-desktop-portal-gtk`, all app specific dependencies (eg. GNOME Application Platform) were installed by flatpak, at least that is what I thought.

I do not have the the GNOME desktop service installed but use bspwm as window manager, if this is relevant.

Do you have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Martin