Thank you! I've been having the same problem and had no idea what caused it. Wouldn't adding a timeout make sense? Either with a sensible default time and options to change or disable it or just configuration options that would be documented in the "channels" section? If timeouts aren't an option, a message like "could not reach substitute server [server-name] ([time/unit])"* would already be much more be helpful than the current state for those of us who are not (yet) that familiar with guix. I regularly feel like guix errors could give more useful information. Is this due to design decisions or something that just hasn't been considered or worked on? * Optionally with additional information like "Press 'Control C' to abort" and "You can temporarily disable this substitute server by adding '--substitute-urls=[server-name] to the command that got you here.'" > On 25. May 2022, at 01:21, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote: > > Wamm K. D. 写道: >>> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0% >> >> I haven't let it run for longer than an hour but it just sits there and >> doesn't progress any further. When I run ~guix upgrade~, it halts, >> similarly, after listing which programs it's going to upgrade. >> >> Anyone, possibly, know what this is (or, at least, how I might get >> around it)? > > Sure: > > Use ‘--substitute-urls=https://ci.guix.gnu.org’ (i.e., remove bordeaux from the default list) until it's resolved. > > Kind regards, > > T G-R