unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Jonathan Frederickson <jonathan@terracrypt.net>
To: divoplade <d@divoplade.fr>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Geiser and Guix - how to avoid long compilation steps?
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 22:32:50 -0400	[thread overview]

Ah! Thanks for the hint about the version of Guile.

Turns out it was actually the other way around; I had built Guix with
Guile 3 but still had Guile 2.2 in my profile. This explains why an
ad-hoc environment with Guile worked just fine, but Guile in my normal
profile did not. (Looks like Guix gained support for Guile 3 prior to
version 1.1.0: https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2020/gnu-guix-1.1.0-released/)