unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Allow my usual user reconnect to wifi without root pass and also replace wpa config
@ 2021-01-01 19:07 znavko--- via
From: znavko--- via @ 2021-01-01 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello! Happy New Year, Guix Help!

I'd like to make my OS a bit comfortable for usual user.

I use only wpa_supplicant + dhclient without any utility that gives control over wifi to usual users.
And I want to give such a control by my own hands and your advice.

Wi-fi connection sometimes is loosing, and the way to reconnect is to restart hurd services.
I do it by root beautifully. I need to allow usual user to do this too.

With that task I also have two providers: wired ISP and Mobile ISP -
And I have such a script for choosing between them.

So this script fulfill things of reconnection and changing wpa_supplicant.conf
very easy for root.
I want to allow to usual user just to run:

$ /wpa isp

and my script reconnect to wifi again.

I tried to give root privileges for user 'bob' to run script /wpa with this line in /etc/sudoers:
# cat /etc/sudoers
root ALL=(ALL) ALL
%wheel ALL=(ALL) ALL
user ALL=(bob) NOPASSWD: /wpa
#groups bob
bob : users wheel video audio netdev
But I still have these error messages:

$ sudo -u bob /wpa isp
Connecting to ISP provider
cp: cannot create regular file '/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf': Permission denied
error: connect: /run/user/1000/shepherd/socket: No such file or directory
error: connect: /run/user/1000/shepherd/socket: No such file or directory
^X^C
$
Please, what to do here?