unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de>
To: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: translation programm
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 17:19:27 +0000	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 7292 bytes --]

Hi Florian, Lois, Wojtek,
sincere thanks for your suggestions.

I am sorry I made a mistake
and sent my question with my acient email-address
(Francis <francis.pr@gmail.com),
which I normally don't use any more.

I was using DeepL for translation single words or sentences, not much
text at all. So I don't need much more at the moment.

In Icedove DeepL has a GNU licence and can be used as an add-on.
In Icecat and Chromium DeepL has a proprietary licence, therefore it
can't be used as an add-on.

So I am looking for something else.

I almost haven't used Emacs yet, so I even don't know how to set up
something in emacs. May be the time will come...

I tried to install gtranslator, which failed because there are
conflicting dependencies with Catfish.
gfp@Tuxedo ~$ guix install gtranslator
The following package will be installed:
    gtranslator 42.0

guix install: error: profile contains conflicting entries for
fontconfig-minimal
guix install: error:   first entry: fontconfig-minimal@2.13.94
/gnu/store/2x6cj453ya941zf7aiashw9dcn89z46a-fontconfig-minimal-2.13.94
guix install: error:    ... propagated from gtksourceview@4.8.3
guix install: error:    ... propagated from gtranslator@42.0
guix install: error:   second entry: fontconfig-minimal@2.13.94
/gnu/store/mgcm9ih3mwib5yx9ygbr6fphic368kfc-fontconfig-minimal-2.13.94
guix install: error:    ... propagated from cairo@1.16.0
guix install: error:    ... propagated from gtk+@3.24.30
guix install: error:    ... propagated from catfish@4.16.4
hint: Try upgrading both `gtranslator' and `catfish', or remove one of
them from the
profile.

It was suggested to actualise Catfish.
I did that, but it failed because of conflicting dependencies.

gfp@Tuxedo ~$ guix package -u catfish
The following package will be upgraded:
    catfish (dependencies or package changed)

guix package: error: profile contains conflicting entries for gtk+
guix package: error:   first entry: gtk+@3.24.30
/gnu/store/00nvzy6sd8y3ihhml30bvd17w663iyvq-gtk+-3.24.30
guix package: error:    ... propagated from catfish@4.16.4
guix package: error:   second entry: gtk+@3.24.30
/gnu/store/b73kqc53sgs4n6bjl2iyw9b0x46hp81y-gtk+-3.24.30
guix package: error:    ... propagated from catfish@4.16.4
hint: You cannot have two different versions or variants of `catfish' in
the same profile.
At the moment I don't know how to solve that?

I had a check on Weblate.
I don't need a whole programm at the moment,
and I also don't know how to set it up?
As far as I understood it, I would have first to register.

Kind regards

Gottfried