unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Problem with guix pull and symlink
@ 2020-06-23 22:28 Zelphir Kaltstahl
From: Zelphir Kaltstahl @ 2020-06-23 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello Guix Users!

Since recently I see the following message on `guix pull` as normal user:

$ guix pull
Migrating profile generations to '/var/guix/profiles/per-user/xiaolong'...
guix pull: error: symlink: File exists: "/var/guix/profiles/per-user/xiaolong/current-guix"

And if I do:

$ unlink /var/guix/profiles/per-user/xiaolong/current-guix

And then try to do `guix pull` again, I get:

Migrating profile generations to '/var/guix/profiles/per-user/xiaolong'...
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
guix pull: error: Git error: failed open - '/home/xiaolong/.cache/guix/checkouts/pjmkglp4t7znuugeurpurzikxq3tnlaywmisyr27shj7apsnalwq/.git/FETCH_HEAD' is locked: Permission denied

I don't know how to fix this. I know I recently updated my root profile
running `guix pull` as root user. Perhaps that was wrong? For example:
https://www.mail-archive.com/help-guix@gnu.org/msg09356.html mentions
that one should not do so, but I only found that later and I did need to
update the locales packages in my root profile.

What should I do now, to get back to normal state?

Regards,
Zelphir

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-06-23 22:28 UTC | newest]