unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Martin Castillo <castilma@uni-bremen.de>
To: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: updating restic: go-build-system trying to resolve host names with nonexistent dnscache at [::1]:53
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 17:28:48 +0100	[thread overview]

Am 13.03.23 um 01:26 schrieb Martin Castillo> Now the build fails trying
to download dependencies:

Ok, naturally, we don't want go to access the internet to get the
dependencies.

I tried adding (inputs (list go-github-com-minio-sha256-simd))
to the package, but go still tries to get that. Go doesn't care about
the symlinked package at src/github.com/minio/sha256-simd.

(Someone added that symlinking to go-build-system once, so it may have
worked with earlier (<1.18) go versions?
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50493 references
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50227 , which I don't understand, but seems
to try to get rid of the symlinking and replace it with something better?)

If I run go run build.go manually in the failed dir, the dependencies
get downloaded to

[...]
/pkg/mod/cache/download/google.golang.org/genproto
/pkg/mod/cache/download/google.golang.org/grpc
/pkg/mod/cache/download/google.golang.org/protobuf
/pkg/mod/cache/download/go.opencensus.io
/pkg/mod/cache/download/gopkg.in/
/pkg/mod/cloud.google.com
/pkg/mod/github.com
/pkg/mod/golang.org
/pkg/mod/google.golang.org
/pkg/mod/go.opencensus.io@v0.24.0
/pkg/mod/gopkg.in
etc.

and not to /src/github.com/ or such, where inputs get symlinked at.

My conclusion: go-build-system needs to be updated to account for the
new way go handles dependencies.

Is this correct? And is this issue 50227?

Martin