marusich helped me in IRC by mentioning the date app (and hwclock). I'm going to try and get Grub installed into my fully encrypted disk although I haven't taken a good look at the bug which might be too advanced: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21843. I'm also studying these pages: - https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2016-03/msg00088.html - https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#File-Systems - https://gnunet.org/bot/log/guix/2015-09-12 Kete Foy: > Hello, I am trying to install GuixSD, and my system time is much older > than the present; so the system won't install. It tells me to check the > system clock. > > Unusual distinction—I chose to encrypt the system. Libreboot is supposed > to be able to boot an encrypted system. If it makes a difference, my > config.scm has (bootloader (grub-configuration (device > "/dev/mapper/cryptsys"))). In the Guix manual, I noticed a section about > encrypted systems that looked like it was meant for after the > installation, and Libreboot has its own instructions for the initial > boot and setting up subsequent boots: decrypting to find the kernel in > /boot. >